Monday, August 31, 2009

flogging a dead donkey

A city boy, Rama, moved to the country and bought a donkey from a farmer for Rs.1000. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. The next day the farmer drove up. He said, "Sorry, son, but I have some bad news. The donkey died."

Rama: "Well, then give me my money back."
Farmer: "Can't do that. I spent it already."
Rama: "Ok, then at least give me the donkey."
Farmer: "What you donna do with it?"
Rama: "I'm going to raffle it off."
Farmer: "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"
Rama: "Sure I can..I won't tell anybody that it's dead."

A month later the farmer met Rama and asked him,
"What happened with that dead donkey?"
Rama: "I raffled it off. I sold 500 tickets at Rs.2 each and made a profit of Rs.998."
Farmer: "Didn't anyone complain?"
Rama: "Only the guy who won. So I gave him his Rs.2 back."

Rama(linga) Raju grew up and became the chairman of Satyam, way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment